Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mad Dash Splash (Part 3) (We got Ice Cream)


Cortny lead us through the Metro trek with relative ease. We saw a couple other teams on this short section but due to our deciding to swim a previous section (being two check points behind) and one of the questions we had to answer along our metro trek, in what year was the Chocolate Shoppe established? A couple of teams managed to pass us during this section. Two of them while we were standing in line waiting for our ice cream. Now let me take a moment and say; normally we would not be stopping for ice cream in a 10-12 hour race, but considering how our day had gone thus far I may have possibly quit right there if we didn’t. It made the rest of that section breeze by and to be honest the rest of the race as well.

After our metro trek we were given our mystery event, this being a Sudoku puzzle. Now personally I’ve never done one of these puzzles and if I’m correct neither had Chad or Cortny. Again Cortny dove right in (like my swimming reference?) and was making short work of the puzzle, with minor assistance from Chad and myself thrown in here and there. I think it was the high from the ice cream if you ask me. Once complete, we hit the bikes again for a course around Lake Monona.
At our next check point we handed over our puzzle and Cortny had been spot on…again I’d like the thank Cortny for completing most of that puzzle (it was the ice cream). We raced back to where we had started, managing to finish ahead of two other teams (not officially because we weren’t really suppose to swim that one little section or drown our passport book).
After the finish, we had a great meal…I believe it was ice cream and something else (I could be wrong here, but its what I remember) anyway it was really good. I think we’d all say that it was sure an adventure and not at all the one we had in mind. We will be back next year (should we buy wet suits before then?). And I must say I have a six-pack waiting for two fishermen from Madison if I ever manage to see them again under drier circumstances.

No comments: